Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] piping

  • neferset@thespaceport.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2003
      I usually use wide double fold bias or self bias and heavy cotton cord
      or yarn, slip the cord inside the bias and stitch it in place, then use
      like regular piping. I've also been known to whip stitch the cord to
      the edges of the garment and apply the binding over it. (I'm doing
      that now on a pvc corset, using store bought bias for contrast.)

      Nef

      > When I cannot find or make piping that is the right color/fabric for
      > project, I sometimes use braided cord, or the shiny cord we call
      > "rattail". I use clear nylon thread and a zig-zag stitch from the
      edge
      > of the garment to the middle of the cord to sew it on. It works
      well,
      > just remember to backstitch at each end to secure the nylon thread.
      The