Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: Quilted Petticoats

  • djuby@sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2003
      Thanks for the response. The petticoats we are making are for volume only, so the "readability" of the quilting is not an issue. They are a staple in theatrical and opera shops to easily add fullness to heavy weight skirts, and that will be their purpose with us. They are also a sewing excercise for our second year students, so hoops or crinolines are noot an option. I am aware of the pattern you mentioned. I guess what I am looking for is less period specific, and should probably contact local opera companies. Thanks again.