Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] aging leather

  • Ana's Accoutremonts
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2003
      Get some sandpaper, various grits (coarse, medium, fine) and go to work,
      start gently, and just sand off the finish down to the leather (that's
      the brown part). Don't do a neat job--concentrate on the toes, sides of
      the heels and outer edge of the foot, where the natural wear would be.

      Then put the boots on, and jump into the shower. No, I'm not kidding.
      We used to do this with $200 cowboy boots to "break them in". Get the
      boots thoroughly wet, inside and out, and wear them around for about an
      hour, flexing them to stretch them and make creases.

      When they dry, they'll look like they came from World War I.

      Ana

      --
      Ana Foscari
      Ana's Accoutremonts