Re: Sequin Fabric

  • iom315
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 30 4:59 AM
      If you are in Southern California or near there it is worth a trip to
      the fabric district in L.A.(Maple & 9th). Confetti dot or dot sequin
      (glued on) is available in 45" widths for $2.00 per yard. There were
      some 54" fabrics but I can't remember the price.

      It takes some shopping for colors but nothing a true "Sweet Potato
      Queen" can't handle.

      This summer I found at least 5 unusual shades of green dot sequin
      along with the usual "kelley" which I think the original "Queens"
      used.

      Good luck, if you have a sample of what you need I can give you the
      addresses of some of the vendors I use in L.A. But whatever you send
      as a sample is what you will get. Somethings easily get lost in
      translation, especially sense middle eastern language is not my
      strong suit.
      D.L. Dixon
      Ides of March Design Group, Ltd.

      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "Chelle Ellis"
      <chelle@w...> wrote:
      > I am looking for 50 to 100 yards of med-dark green sequin fabric.
      Does anyone know where I can buy this? The Fall fabrics are in now,
      so finding what I need in a shop is out.