Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: dyeing leather

  • Sylvia
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2003
      From: Allison <allivox@...>
      Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 17:44:05 -0500
      To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: dyeing leather

      Marty:

      < Disclaimer: I've never tried this, so take it or leave it ;-) >

      I'll bet liquid shoe dye would work, but it seems like a messy job.
      You might try the Dylon and Rit websites and see if they have any
      advice about using their products for leather. My next suggestion
      would be to try the spray-paint used for fake flowers.

      No, no, no! It will ruin the jacket. Get some leather dye (I think
      Fiebings is the name) from a shoe repair shop or a leather vendor like
      Tandy.

      Sylrog