Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Digest Number 754 - Dye

  • Anne Redish
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28 10:10 AM
      Re: Dylon Dye. There are two kinds. Cold and Hot. The Cold requires a
      Fixative packet also. Obviously the HOT (Called Multi purpose) would not be
      suitable for some fabrics since it has to simmer.
      http://www.dylon.co.uk/main.htm
      Their site is GREAT!! Once there , go to INFORMATION< then go to BROCHURE
      DOWNLOAD (on top edge) and you get the instructions for various products.
      The products are UK, but some products are available in N.Am. At Canadian
      "Fabricland" - comparable to U.S.A. Joanne's - we can get Dylon. I also
      recently saw some interesting dye products at Walmart .. but I don't think
      they were Dylon.

      Remember to dispose of used dye in environmentally appropriate ways. Our
      university runs a disposal service campus-wide for various products that
      should not be poured down the drain to pollute our water and lands. Since
      we usually DON'T use the washing machine method, we bottle it up in empty
      windshield washer fluid containers and they take it away to process it for
      safe disposal.

      Anne Redish, Costume Coordinator and Shop Manager, Queen's University,
      Kingston, Ontario
      Anne Redish
      Theatre Wardrobe Coordinator
      Department of Drama, Rm 020