Subject: costume shop supervisor position

  • Tara Maginnis
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2001
      Job Listing:
      Costume Shop Supervisor & Lecturer II Position ( non-tenure track)
      Dept. of Theatre & Dance
      University of New Mexico
      Albuquerque, NM 87131
      (505) 277-4332
      9 month contract
      Start Date: August 13

      Joanne Martin, our shop supervisor has just signed a contract to teach
      at the
      University of Santa Clara and I must do a quick, emergency hire for
      next
      school year. The start date is August 13th and it is a nine month
      contract.
      We will have to do a national search for a permanent replacement next
      school
      year, but the emergency hire person can apply and is given every
      consideration for the following year.
      The shop supervisor teaches two sections of Costume Technology, in
      the
      morning and runs the shop in the afternoons. This person works
      closely with
      me, the costume designer and with student designers. Our labor is
      done by
      undergraduate students. We do not have a graduate program in costume
      design.
      We try to run the shop 9-5, five days a week, with the exception of
      dress
      rehearsals, and occassionaly, we do work on weekends. ( Maybe two
      weekends a
      semester.)

      Albuquerque is the largest city in the state and is 60 miles south of
      Santa
      Fe.

      Anyone interested in the position, please email me at dbbaca@...

      Dorothy Baca