On-command incontinence

  • Curtis Kidd
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2003
      > Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 20:11:11 -0700 (PDT)
      > From: Maggie Baker <costumedesigner@...>
      > Subject: Re: Incontinence
      >
      > You can do the effect with a douche actually. Or
      > even....well......a small enema bladder. All you need
      > really is some kind of bladder with a tube so that the
      > actress can "activate" the effect when necessary.

      Try a basting squeeze bulb (y'know, the kind that you use
      on the turkey baster to suck up the juices into the tube
      and then squeeze 'em back out on the bird?)

      > Donna McKenna <donna.m.mckenna@...> wrote:
      > Not a very nice subject, but I am costuming One Flea
      > Spare, in which
      > a 12 y/o girl wears boys clothes from the 1660s, sits in
      > a corner,
      > and wets herself. Any idea how to make this happen on
      > stage?

      How literal is this 'sits in a corner' thing? Does it
      actually have to be rigged into her costume? or can it be
      something tucked away out of sight that she (or another
      performer onstage at the time) can trigger on cue, so
      there's no worry of setting it off beforehand? I agree
      that the channel in the stage floor would take that concern
      out of hand...but I also know most technical directors
      would just about shoot anyone for even suggesting that much
      modification to the stage this close to tech...some shows
      I've worked on even have the stage painted by this time
      (not many, but some). Much easier to rig it to whatever
      seat is being used and have the actor set it off there than
      to string it from off-stage (especially if you happen to
      have any moving set pieces to deal with), or have to
      wrestle with getting it secured to the body in an area that
      is accessible on stage without being in danger of getting
      bumped by someone else in passage. But some kind of
      squeeze bulb, syringe, etc hidden under/behind the seat,
      with a tube aimed at the appropriate area, would be pretty
      easy for a decent propmaster/mistress to rig (and some of
      'em might even enjoy the challenge, speaking as someone
      whose filled that position on several occasions).
      I'm

      =====
      Curtis Kidd

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com