Re: [Hello Intro]

  • Jai Rohra
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2003
      Hi Jane,

      --- Renee Schmutz <Jane_Jr@...> wrote:
      > Hello all,
      > This is my first post here, although I've been
      > reading off and on for awhile.
      >
      > I've reached the point in my sewing now where I
      > really need a good quality, accurately sized dress
      > form. At first I thought the answer was a
      > professional form, but when I look at them, they
      > aren't exactly...umm...accurate, realistic, shaped
      > like a real girl.(at least not this real girl)
      >
      > Now I'm looking at the "Uniquely You Dress
      > Forms". It looks like a great solution.
      >
      > I was wondering if anyone else out there has
      > used or looked into these forms, and what are their
      > opinions/thoughts on them. Are they worth it, or
      > should I keep on looking?
      >
      > I'd also really appreciate any other info on
      > dress forms you all can share.
      >
      > Thanks a bunch,
      > Jane Jr.

      > removed]

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • Joannah Hansen
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2003
        Hi Jane,
        Have a look at My Twin Dressforms at http://www.mytwindressforms.com/how.htm . They offer kits/instructions to make your own dressform moulded on your body. I am planning to make one myself sometime soon - my problem is, I can fit and sew for everyone else, but I don't have anyone to fit for me! ( I have to make it soon, too, I really need to get some costumes made for myself. )
        Good luck with whatever you choose, and happy sewing!
        Joannah.