Dress Forms

  • Renee Schmutz
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2003
      Hello all,
      This is my first post here, although I've been reading off and on for awhile.

      I've reached the point in my sewing now where I really need a good quality, accurately sized dress form. At first I thought the answer was a professional form, but when I look at them, they aren't exactly...umm...accurate, realistic, shaped like a real girl.(at least not this real girl)

      Now I'm looking at the "Uniquely You Dress Forms". It looks like a great solution.

      I was wondering if anyone else out there has used or looked into these forms, and what are their opinions/thoughts on them. Are they worth it, or should I keep on looking?

      I'd also really appreciate any other info on dress forms you all can share.

      Thanks a bunch,
      Jane Jr.

    • Jai Rohra
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2003
        Hi Jane,

        --- Renee Schmutz <Jane_Jr@...> wrote:
        > Hello all,
        > This is my first post here, although I've been
        > reading off and on for awhile.
        >
        > I've reached the point in my sewing now where I
        > really need a good quality, accurately sized dress
        > form. At first I thought the answer was a
        > professional form, but when I look at them, they
        > aren't exactly...umm...accurate, realistic, shaped
        > like a real girl.(at least not this real girl)
        >
        > Now I'm looking at the "Uniquely You Dress
        > Forms". It looks like a great solution.
        >
        > I was wondering if anyone else out there has
        > used or looked into these forms, and what are their
        > opinions/thoughts on them. Are they worth it, or
        > should I keep on looking?
        >
        > I'd also really appreciate any other info on
        > dress forms you all can share.
        >
        > Thanks a bunch,
        > Jane Jr.

        > removed]

        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
      • Joannah Hansen
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2, 2003
          Hi Jane,
          Have a look at My Twin Dressforms at http://www.mytwindressforms.com/how.htm . They offer kits/instructions to make your own dressform moulded on your body. I am planning to make one myself sometime soon - my problem is, I can fit and sew for everyone else, but I don't have anyone to fit for me! ( I have to make it soon, too, I really need to get some costumes made for myself. )
          Good luck with whatever you choose, and happy sewing!
          Joannah.