Fw: all kinds of questions

  • The Prusik's at Bunkered Inn
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 19, 2003
      Hi...
      Just thought I'd see if I was being ignored. Can anybody answer any of my questions?
      Donna

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 20, 2003
        Ebay is the low cost flea market for costumes. When I sold my "show
        pieces", each worth over $500 just in materials, I got $125 each for them.

        Please remember that this is an actively moderated group. Sometimes it
        takes folks a while to get the messages (Tara DOES have a day job!) and
        then to respond.

        Ana

        --
        Ana Foscari
        Ana's Accoutremonts

        "Anger never ceases with anger,
        Anger is healed by love alone.
        Open your heart to love.
        Pray for Peace."

      • Carla Pollard
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 20, 2003
          Donna: there are hundred's of costume sites on the Internet. It just takes time and patience to go through them. There are many sites that can help you with your tie as well. Use Google search engine for your needs, it's the best, in my opinion. As far as organizing your costumes: we do it just like a department store: trousers in one place by size, shirts, coats, sleepwear, lingerie-same, etc. We have a separate section for formal wear. We also have sections by period: Edwardian, peasant/Renaissance, 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s. We have special sections by designer (who may have done only one kind of costume such as large sizes for musicals). We are fortunate to have a huge area in which to store our costumes, which helps alot.