Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: Just a bitch-session...

  • Siebel San
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 12, 2001
      > Not necessarily...I work with alot of brides and 9 out
      > of 10 are great. Of course, I think it depends on the
      > type of wedding you are planning. Modern brides are a
      > bitch, but I do period weddings and every one of my
      > brides have been great (and yes, I've done more that
      > 2). When you get into that situation, you need to
      > stand firm and let them understand that you are the
      > seamstress. You are the professional here.
      >
      > I've also discovered that not answering the phone
      > helps tremendously.... <----- LOL!!!!

      Caller ID is a nice thing too, when the freakin box
      actually works...

      This one wants a renaissance gown made of heavy velvet.
      Ten bucks says she'll complain it's too heavy after the
      dress is finished.

      -Jessie

      =====
      - - - - - - - - - -

      a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • Siebel San
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 12, 2001
        > I have a "policy" that I have the brides sign when I
        > agree to sew their weddings. It basically states that
        > I make fittings as convient as possible, but if the
        > wearer does not participate in the fittings, I am not
        > responsible for the fit of the garment. It save me
        > hassle in the long run in dealing with pains in the
        > butt...

        Oooo, very nice idea, I shall have to remember that.
        -Jessie

        =====

        a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/