Elvis jumpsuit pattern

  • Kim Carlson
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 8, 2003
      Hello! I'm wondering if anyone here can help me find an Elvis
      jumpsuit pattern for an extra-large man (size 3x). I've got the
      Simplicity and McCalls patterns, but they will take a LOT of altering
      to make them work. Are there any private label patternmakers that you
      know about who carry large-guy Elvis patterns?

      Thanks in advance!
      Kim C
    • julianne johnson
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 9, 2003
        --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "Kim Carlson"
        <singitgirl@y...> wrote:
        > Hello! I'm wondering if anyone here can help me find an Elvis
        > jumpsuit pattern for an extra-large man (size 3x). I've got the
        > Simplicity and McCalls patterns, but they will take a LOT of
        altering
        > to make them work. Are there any private label patternmakers that
        you
        > know about who carry large-guy Elvis patterns?
        >
        > Thanks in advance!
        > Kim C

        You might try starting with any jumpsuit pattern in the size you need
        and making the appropriate design changes (for example giving it a
        bigger, more 70's collar) to make it more Elvis-like. Any coverall
        pattern done in the appropriate fabrics and colors would look much
        like what Elvis wore. His distinction was more in decoration than
        silhouette.