Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] I'm stumped!

  • Ana's Accoutremonts
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 4, 2003
      Purchase 6 mm macrame cord in the desired color,
      http://www.craft-stop.com/store/productprintdetail.cfm?ProdCatID=32

      and use a square knot to create a sennet as shown
      http://www.elainecraft.com/instructions/var1.sq.html#squareknotsennit

      Hey, it ain't rocket science!

      Ana

      --
      Ana Foscari
      Ana's Accoutremonts

      "Anger never ceases with anger,
      Anger is healed by love alone.
      Open your heart to love.
      Pray for Peace."

    • bleupirate@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 4, 2003
        Becky...try Hobby Lobby. I know they have hot pink satin cording. Maybe you
        could braid it and make what you need...good luck!

        Rhonda

      • Faber, Debbie
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 4, 2003
          Becky Lee,

          I have used Trims Plus for such situations. Go to www.trimsplus.com and
          view their color charts. Some trims are a little pricey, but many are
          reasonable.

          Debbie Faber
          D.L. Parsons Theatre
        • bearhedded
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 4, 2003
            You could also FEV the polyester one, or duplicate it in nylon
            rope, which dyes beautifully.
          • Artemis
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 5, 2003
              Perhaps you could get a red one and use a diluted bleach solution to
              fade it to pink? Just a thought.

              Tara

              > Message: 1
              > Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 18:16:31 -0000
              > From: "Becky Lee" <beckylee_00@...>
              > Subject: I'm stumped!
              >
              > I have a client wanting me to make Paul McCartney's band leader
              > uniform from Sgt. Peppers. No prob with the light blue satin and
              > trims...except...he wears a bright hot pink shoulder citation cord!
              > Citation cords aren't expensive, but they don't come in bright pink.
              > Also, they are made from polyester, meaning I can't dye a white cord
              > at home! Ack, whatever shall I do? The client will not settle for
              > red, but she's okay with fudging on other aspects of the costume. I
              > can't give her an estimate until I've come up with a way to get this
              > cord.
            • Maurine Starkey
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 5, 2003
                Has anyone here used Anodized dyes? Not sure I'm spelling it correctly. I thought those dyes could color anything, even plastic. I've seen it used on plastic toy jewelry. It will scratch off in heavy use and fade if left in the sun. But, you get some really bright color.
                Maurine Starkey

                Artemis <lovelyshrike@...> wrote:

                Perhaps you could get a red one and use a diluted bleach solution to
                fade it to pink? Just a thought.

                Tara

                > Message: 1
                > Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 18:16:31 -0000
                > From: "Becky Lee" <beckylee_00@...>
                > Subject: I'm stumped!
                >
                > I have a client wanting me to make Paul McCartney's band leader
                > uniform from Sgt. Peppers. No prob with the light blue satin and
                > trims...except...he wears a bright hot pink shoulder citation cord!
                > Citation cords aren't expensive, but they don't come in bright pink.
                > Also, they are made from polyester, meaning I can't dye a white cord
                > at home! Ack, whatever shall I do? The client will not settle for
                > red, but she's okay with fudging on other aspects of the costume. I
                > can't give her an estimate until I've come up with a way to get this
                > cord.

                Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                Getting More...SiliCon 2004
                www.siliconventions.com

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 5, 2003
                  Check out ALJO Dye in NYC. I believe that they are on Franklin Street and I imagine that they would ship. You need a polyester dye. They sell all fiber specific dyes.

                  Kimberly