Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Help with fabric

  • Brad Gould
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2003
      Hello,

      I'm looking for examples of 1600's embroidery, preferably of the Acadian settlers of Atlantic Canada.

      Thanks, Brad

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 31, 2003
        There is a book available at the Fashion Institute of Technology library if
        nowhere else, which is entirely examples and patterns from the Metropolitan
        Museum's collection of embroidery. I'm afraid I don't know the title. I just
        used it once as a source, and I remember it covering that time period, though not
        neccessarily that location. Possibly it's still available from the museum
        itself. At any rate, they could surely tell you what you need to locate it.

        Donna Carty
      • Ana's Accoutremonts
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2003
          Why not contact the Acadian Historic Village in Quebec
          http://www.villagehistoriqueacadien.com/programs.htm
          they may have a list of reference books available.

          Ana

          --
          Ana Foscari
          Ana's Accoutremonts