Help with fabric

  • winifcott@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 29, 2003
      Hi everyone

      I am a new member, and a supplier to textile artists, many of whom make
      costumes (this isn't an advert, just an introduction.)

      I am having problems sourcing a fabric for a customer. The name that I have
      been given is 'Square Drops', but I can't find anything of that name. It is
      basically a squared net, each square about a quarter of an inch or about 1cm.
      In the warp and weft are small tufts of a transparent fibre which takes on the
      colour of the net.

      Anyone got any ideas? The suggested source can be worldwide.

      Thanks in advance.

      Myfanwy
      Hants UK

    • Brad Gould
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 31, 2003
        Hello,

        I'm looking for examples of 1600's embroidery, preferably of the Acadian settlers of Atlantic Canada.

        Thanks, Brad

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 31, 2003
          There is a book available at the Fashion Institute of Technology library if
          nowhere else, which is entirely examples and patterns from the Metropolitan
          Museum's collection of embroidery. I'm afraid I don't know the title. I just
          used it once as a source, and I remember it covering that time period, though not
          neccessarily that location. Possibly it's still available from the museum
          itself. At any rate, they could surely tell you what you need to locate it.

          Donna Carty
        • Ana's Accoutremonts
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 2, 2003
            Why not contact the Acadian Historic Village in Quebec
            http://www.villagehistoriqueacadien.com/programs.htm
            they may have a list of reference books available.

            Ana

            --
            Ana Foscari
            Ana's Accoutremonts