New Frock as Last !!!!!

  • curvess2000
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 28, 2003
      Hi all,

      I've finially finished my blue day dress. IT only took 7.5 months.

      http://oonagh.actewagl.net.au/blue_linen_day_dress.htm

      It's up on my web page if you would like to see it. My 12 year old
      son took the photos and helped me get dressed. The Camera was the
      digital camera my Ex husband gave me just over a week ago. I'm still
      learning how it functions best.

      Oh and I've added a dress diary also to the Venetian pages. It might
      take another 6 months to finish it, I'm putting University first.

      Cheers

      Deb
      (Oonagh)

      Oonaghs' Own
      http://oonagh.actewagl.net.au
    • Chris
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 28, 2003
        GREAT JOB!!! You look wonderful in it. Well, it wasn't a year :)

        curvess2000 <curvesss@...> wrote:Hi all,

        I've finially finished my blue day dress. IT only took 7.5 months.

        http://oonagh.actewagl.net.au/blue_linen_day_dress.htm

        It's up on my web page if you would like to see it. My 12 year old
        son took the photos and helped me get dressed. The Camera was the
        digital camera my Ex husband gave me just over a week ago. I'm still
        learning how it functions best.

        Oh and I've added a dress diary also to the Venetian pages. It might
        take another 6 months to finish it, I'm putting University first.

        Cheers

        Deb
        (Oonagh)

        Oonaghs' Own
        http://oonagh.actewagl.net.au

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Our greatest glory is not in never failing,
        but in rising up every time we fail.
        Ralph Waldo Emerson

      • Chris

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 28, 2003
            I have to come out of 'lurking' mode to say that dress is great! You carry it off well too!
            Good pictures. Though I don't make costumes, I'm interested in them and I use lots of photo refference. Below is a link to the beginnings of a tutorial I'm doing for artists on using pictures for thier work.

            http://www.geocities.com/colmahouse/HiImpact

            This one is some pirate pictures. The woman's dress is completely made up.

            http://www.geocities.com/colmahouse/REVIEWPAGE

            Just wanted to show how valuable a group like this is to more than costume makers. The most success I've ever had was sewing together a toy skunk. I'm in awe of the talent I see here.
            Maurine Starkey
            Chris <emeraldepona@...> wrote:
[...]

            Getting More...SiliCon 2004
            www.siliconventions.com

          • Siebel San
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 29, 2003
              Your work is absolutely gorgeous! I wish I had your
              skills! You make those dresses look fabulous!
              -Jessica

              --- curvess2000 <curvesss@...> wrote:
              > Hi all,
              >
              > I've finially finished my blue day dress. IT only took
              > 7.5 months.
              >
              > http://oonagh.actewagl.net.au/blue_linen_day_dress.htm
              >
              > It's up on my web page if you would like to see it. My
              > 12 year old
              > son took the photos and helped me get dressed. The
              > Camera was the
              > digital camera my Ex husband gave me just over a week
              > ago. I'm still
              > learning how it functions best.
              >
              > Oh and I've added a dress diary also to the Venetian
              > pages. It might
              > take another 6 months to finish it, I'm putting
              > University first.
              >
              > Cheers
              >
              > Deb
              > (Oonagh)