  • equinarts@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 10, 2000
      Raven- what kind of seagull do you need? does it need to be flexible? if
      not, should it be in wings-spread or folded-body position? how soon do you
      need it? i do a little taxidermy on the side, and a friend of mine runs a
      wildlife rehab center- there are often animal "patients" that don't survive-
      so far I've gotten a hawk and an osprey... I'll ask about a seagull if you
      have time... what's your deadline? rusti
    • Sarah P
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 19, 2000
        Rusti----

        Yes, Yes, Yes! Berry College needs a seagull!! I think your common type of
        bird would be okay, I don't think it needs to be any particular breed or
        species. Melanie, the props master, says she's worked something out for the
        "just shot" bird that comes on stage, so all that's needed is a mounted
        bird. Because "The Seagull" is set in the early 1900's, a typical mounting
        of a standing bird, wings folded, would be good. But she has one question
        about getting the bird. Is the taxidermy a business? I don't know all of
        the rules, but she said something about paying with a credit card...I
        haven't ever heard of this being done very often with the theatre company,
        we usually get a set budget for each technical design project (costumes,
        set, props, sound, etc.) which deals with cash and receipts, but I don't
        know. None of the taxidermists in the area up here deal with seagulls
        because they just aren't very plentiful here, even along the rivers, and
        they're there only in the winter anyway. She's looking into places in
        Savannah, GA, but hasn't heard back from them yet. I need to know very soon
        if we can get a mounted seagull.

        ****Raven

        http://profiles.msn.com