Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: fairy crown

  • Ivy Long
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 5, 2003
      Instead of fabric, you could also decorate the crown
      by creating raised designs with a hot glue gun and
      then covering it with a silver or gold paint. You
      could cut out the shape crown you want,slitting so it
      lays flat and then use an exacto knife to cut out
      pieces from the inside if you want a more open-work
      pattern. Then, if the plastic's clear enough you could
      draw the design you want on a piece of paper and put
      the crown on top of it and use that as a guide as you
      "draw" the design with a hot glue gun. When it cools
      slightly, you could put some metallic leaf on top and
      pat it in place with a soft paintbrush.When the glue
      dries use a stiff paintbrush to brush away the excess.
      Or you could probably find just some metallic paint
      that adheres to plastic-that would be faster.Then you
      could glue the two ends of the crown back
      together,overlapping slightly. You could also use the
      glue gun to attach stones and possibly even the
      comb.You can see I'm a fan of the glue gun :)
      Hope this helps!
      Ivy

      http://sbc.yahoo.com