Costumer survey forward

  • Tara Maginnis
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2003
      Christine Sparta is doing a survey on costumers and workplace stress,
      and asked that I should pass this on to those who are interested. She
      would like answers from folks who mostly do costuming as their job,
      and the ANSWERS SHOULD BE MAILED TO HER, NOT TO THIS LIST OR TO ME.
      Her Address is:

      Csparta@...

      Here is her spiel:

      Many thanks for your interest. I couldn't post the survey online, but
      here it is. It's a quick quiz, shouldn't take you long at all. Please
      note, it's done in a lighthearted manner and still manages to address
      some serious professional issues. It's based in part on the interviews
      I've already done with costumers. Please star or put your answers in
      bold when you return the survey. It would be great if you could
      copy/let others know about the survey as well.

      Best,

      Christine

      1) What % of the time are you stressed about your job as a costumer?

      a) less than 10%--My job is a breeze most of the time.

      b) 30-40%--Yes, work gets stressful but it's nothing I can't handle.

      c) 50%-75%--Can I have a cup of coffee with a side order of stress?

      d) 90% -100%--Yikes, stress really consumes me.

      2) My biggest stressors are:
      (You can indicate more than one)

      a) Diva behavior from actors, directors and others
      b) Too many projects at once--I can't say no.
      c) Unrealistic expectations from directors/other theater staff
      d) Not enough staff to support the project
      e) Other

      3) I release stress by:

      a) sewing or other handicraft
      b) exercise
      c) taking a trip
      d) yelling at everyone around me
      e) other

      4) I find (fill in the blank with an activity) helpful to relax because:

      a) it takes my mind off my work
      b) it gives me a feeling of artistic accomplishment without the stress of
      working with others
      c) it's just a fun diversion
      d) it beats throwing darts at someone's picture
      e) other

      5) If I could choose my profession again, I'd still be a costumer:

      a) yes
      b) no
      c) unsure--Could I outfit Brad Pitt?

      6) The most rewarding thing about my work is:

      a) knowing I did a great job
      b) hearing the audience applause and knowing I contributed to that
      c) the acknowledgment of my crew
      d) it makes my mother happy
      e) other

      7) If I knew then what I know know I'd...

      Please fill in the blank

      8) Preventing costumer burnout is:

      a) a matter of pacing yourself, like you're doing a dance
      b) easy if you just choosing projects you're passionate about and
      devoting
      yourself to them
      c) possible if you have some artistic projects outside of your work
      that help
      you grow as a professional
      d) impossible in this fast-paced unpredictable business
      e) other

      9) Generally, what time of the year is most stressful for you?

      a) winter
      b) summer
      c)spring
      d) fall
      e) other

      10) Anything you would like to add that has helped you deal with
      stress as a
      costumer.

      Send results to Csparta@...