storing fur

  • pamela_richey
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1 1:13 PM
      Hello,

      Anyone out there know a good/better way to store fur-- or atleast some
      do's and don't's?

      In reorganizing my costume storage, I have put all things fur and
      wearable in a metal cabinet (my current option) in our costume storage
      which is in a nice, dry basement. I was wondering if I was doing them
      more harm than good by doing this, and the internet only seems to
      offer the names of companies that store furs for $$$.

      Also, the cabinet has a definate "old-fur" smell to it, and I don't
      know if I should use moth balls or cedar or nothing at all.

      Any thoughts would be appreciated.

      Pam Richey
      Costume Co-ordinator
      Zoellner Arts Center