Re: Foam fit for lightweight mascot heads and masks

  • bearhedded
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 25, 2003
      Hello....

      I think the foam you are referring to is called e.v.a., (ethylene vinyl
      acetate), and it's used in sports paddind and shoe soles and
      things like that.

      I popped the name into google, and found a site that has a
      tutorial on working with it: www.shenz.com/fm_eva.html

      If you are going to use contact cement, be SURE to wear your
      NIOSH approved respirator and gloves (I prefer nitrile to latex,
      less chemical sensitive, and my hands don't smell like latex for
      the rest of the day!).

      Your local foam supplier could probably order you product that is
      already bonded to jersey, so you could stitch it, and eliminate the
      glue, altogether!

      Best of luck, post photos of your results!

      Scott