Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Libel (Was re: The Celtic Lion)

  • Ana's Accoutremonts
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 15, 2003
      Privacy law has superseded libel laws in many instances in the last few
      years. Publishing truth with intent to defame is considered a crime,
      unless the individual is deemed a "public person". This is according to
      my friend and neighbor who is a civil law student and paralegal. Of
      course, everything is subject to interpretation in law....I still assert
      that it is at least irresponsible to publish undocumented diatribes
      against an individual.

      If you were undergoing bankruptcy and financial problems, would you want
      the details spread in a similar fashion? Let us practice decency, if
      not kindness.

      Ana

      --
      Ana Foscari