spending the summer in LA

  • Poppy Shell
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2003
      ALOHA: For those who have been around a while, this is Poppy, the theater
      costumer from Kauai Hawaii who recently made the costumes for BRIGADOON. I
      am leaving in an hour to catch a plane for Los Angeles, and I'm spending the
      summer there, in Sherman Oaks to be exact, on Burbank Blvd. My daughter,
      who had a lead in BRIGADOON, just graduated and she wants to live in LA and
      try her hand at acting and or modeling and my son Ethan, 14, is also going
      to act. We have some good contacts already and plan on having a really fun
      summer no matter what happens with the acting. I want to visit some
      interesting fabric shops, theater costume outlets, etc. Anyone from that
      area have any suggestions? I'll be there until late August. Any Costumer
      Manifesto members who'd like a visit from a fellow member from so far away,
      just let me know. I hope to have time on my hands while the kids are
      acting! My personal email is: poppyshell@... if you want to
      communicate off the Manifesto chat page. To see my latest costumes, visit
      my web site: www.alohababyblankets.com and click on the Costume Photo page.
      Thanks; Poppy