Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Pippin

  • DARK GOD
    Message 1 of 7 , May 29, 2003
      who is pippin is that like pippin freom lord of the rings or something else?

      >From: "Ann-Margaret" <annmargaret@...>
      >To: TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [TheCostumersManifesto] Pippin
      >Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 16:46:56 -0000
      >
      >Hi - has anyone ever done costumes for Pippin? I may be doing that
      >for a school in August. If you have, do you have any suggestions?

      http://www.msn.co.uk/internetaccess
    • Laslossë Telperin
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 4, 2003
        I have... What kind of information are you looking for? Useable patterns for the various pieces of his outfit, fabric suggestions, or just general notes and tips? And how accurate do you plan on making your Pippin outfit?

        Namari�
        ~ Leithelas

        >Hi - has anyone ever done costumes for Pippin? I may be doing that
        >for a school in August. If you have, do you have any suggestions?

        "We have not had dealings with the Dwarves since the Dark Days..."
        Haldir o Lothl�rien

      • AF Murphy
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 6, 2003
          Now, I was assuming this was for the musical Pippin - on Broadway in the
          70s, Bob Fosse, Ben Vereen... Especially since it is "for a school."

          I've never done it, which is the reason I didn't reply. But it's
          certainly a different direction - perhaps it can be clarified?

          Anne

          Laslossë Telperin wrote:
          > I have... What kind of information are you looking for? Useable patterns for the various pieces of his outfit, fabric suggestions, or just general notes and tips? And how accurate do you plan on making your Pippin outfit?
          >
          > Namarië
          > ~ Leithelas
          >

          >>Hi - has anyone ever done costumes for Pippin? I may be doing that
          >>for a school in August. If you have, do you have any suggestions?
          >

          > "We have not had dealings with the Dwarves since the Dark Days..."
          > Haldir o Lothlórien

        • aifacat
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 25, 2003
            No - it's a really fun musical by Stephen Schwartz from 1973-
            http://www.musicalheaven.com/p/pippin.shtml

            I have a cruddy, but well-loved VHS copy of it taped off of PBS
            starring William Katt (The Greatest American Hero!) as Pippin
            and Ben Vereen as the Leading Player. :)

            - Aifacat

            --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "DARK GOD"

            _______________
            > Find a cheaper internet access deal - choose one to suit you.
            > http://www.msn.co.uk/internetaccess
          • Allison Pace
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 26, 2003
              On Thursday, June 26, 2003, at 05:00 AM,
              TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com wrote:

              > No - it's a really fun musical by Stephen Schwartz from 1973-
              > http://www.musicalheaven.com/p/pippin.shtml

              Er, I believe it's even older than that - I saw it on Broadway in 1966.

              At that time (age 10) I wasn't "formed" enough to be focused on what I
              wanted to be when I grew up (and that changes on a regular basis!) If
              I'd known then the path my life would take... As it turns out, I *am*
              an actor and a costumer, but what I remember most about that event was
              not the show and the costumes and the live theatre experience, but my
              uncle offering the guy an extra five bucks if he would get us better
              seats...

              Allison

              P.S. Tara McGinnis, you rock! Your knowledge, organizational skills
              and thoroughness are wonderful! Not to mention your gracious
              willingness to share! I found your site years ago and have been
              referring folks to it since. On my list of Things To Do is come be
              your student for awhile. But that will have to wait until I can afford
              the time off from work and life. Until then, know that you have a
              loyal fan who, for now, will remain a lurker. Thank you thank you
              thank you.
            • AF Murphy
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 28, 2003
                Since we've been discussing Pippin - here's the latest news about it.

                http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=801&ncid=771&e=1&u=/nm/20030626/stage_nm/film_pippin_dc

                When it first ran (and sorry, but that was in the 70s... don't know what
                you saw in '66. I'm your age, and remember "the new musical by the man
                who wrote Godspell") it made history by being the first Broadway show to
                run TV ads. Worked very well, and it's been done ever since.

                Anne