Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Edwardian Stuff

  • Spidra Webster
    Message 1 of 7 , May 29 6:10 AM
      >here's a place
      >called Danny's Dance Warehouse in LA that also does
      >mail order. Cost is $12 a pair.

      This is an interesting tip. I'll have to check this out.

      >As for Edwardian patterns, try Alter Years or Richard
      >the Thread as someone on this list suggested.

      Thanks for all the help, guys. I just started a new job this week
      after being unemployed for more than a year. So I was worried about
      starting this project early enough to take the decreased free time
      into account. I pored obsessively through the GBACG pattern review,
      but I still wasn't finding too many pictures of something that seemed
      just right. I really wanted to avoid the Edwardian high collar
      because of the heat.

      I squeezed in a visit to Lacis and ended up getting Laughing Moon
      #103, not because it was exactly what I wanted, but because they
      didn't have the Past Patterns low-necked Gibson Girl blouse in my
      size.

      Thanks for all the advice and help.

      Spidra Webster

      Join The Dance Card! A nexus for all the different recreational dance
      communities in the SF Bay Area - Vintage Ballroom, Modern Ballroom,
      Swing, Salsa, Tango, Cajun, Irish, and so many more genres of social
      and couples dancing. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dancecard/
    • Beverly Bullock
      Message 2 of 7 , May 29 2:18 PM
        Thanks so much, Molly! Bev Bullock

      • Watcher
        Message 3 of 7 , May 29 6:20 PM
          Hello, I am new to this group but I have questions aplenty. My girlfriend is wanting to make a bodice. Has anyone out there made one and can you give me some advice that I might be able to pass along......................Fergus

          Spidra Webster <spidra@...> wrote:>here's a place

          #103, not because it was exactly what I wanted, but because they
          didn't have the Past Patterns low-necked Gibson Girl blouse in my
          size.

          Thanks for all the advice and help.

          Spidra Webster

          Join The Dance Card! A nexus for all the different recreational dance
          communities in the SF Bay Area - Vintage Ballroom, Modern Ballroom,
          Swing, Salsa, Tango, Cajun, Irish, and so many more genres of social
          and couples dancing. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dancecard/

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Maurine Starkey
          Message 4 of 7 , May 30 1:58 AM
            Hi all,

            I'm doing research for a small Vampire story I'm doing. It's actually based on a tale from the Thousand Nights and One Night. What I need is visuals of costumes, Persian (Iran) or Iraq. And I need good pictures or reference of Arab or Muslim homes settings...dinning, relaxing, bedroom and a cemetary.

            I would appreciate any help or directions you can point me.

            Maurine

            SiliCon 2003...here be Wizards & Warriors
            Check out the website December 1st
            www.siliconventions.org

            Artist Space: www.colmahouse.com

          • Siebel San
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 4, 2003
              Simplicity just came out with a very simple bodice pattern.
              Can't remember the number, but the envelope picture also
              shows a kerchief skirt. It would be near the fron of the
              costume section in the catalogue. Hope this helps.
              Jessica

              --- Watcher <skybow666@...> wrote:
              > Hello, I am new to this group but I have questions
              > aplenty. My girlfriend is wanting to make a bodice. Has
              > anyone out there made one and can you give me some advice
              > that I might be able to pass

              =====
              http://calendar.yahoo.com
            • Watcher
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 6, 2003
                Thanks Jessica, I really appreciate it. It is great help. My girlfriend and I are wanting to start making our own garb. She saws and is teaching me the basics right now. This might be a good one for me.............Fergus

                Siebel San <siebelsan@...> wrote:Simplicity just came out with a very simple bodice pattern.

                =====