Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Vintage Vogue

  • Susan Johnston
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 5, 2001
      Going by the styles, there would have to be some kind
      of slit, either in the back or side, to help them walk
      and sit. It would be a VENT style slit, covered so
      that the leg wouldn't show. Like the back of a men's
      suit jacket.

      --- theresa b <trinithree@...> wrote:
      > I am using a Vintage Vogue 1950 pattern as a basis
      > for one of thw omen's
      > suits in my show. The picture on the front of the
      > pattern shows there being
      > a slit in the side seam. I thought nothing of it
      > until the fitting today
      > when my shop manager said that there was no such
      > thing as a slit up the side
      > in the 1940's/early fifties (the play is set in
      > 1949). Is this true?
      > help! I want her to be sexy!!
      >
      > thanks
      > titi

      =====
      Susan Johnston
      Sew Knightly

      a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • theresa b
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 5, 2001
        AHA!!! That makes sense!! That's right, thank you, I'll make sure that gets
        done. thanks so much Susan.
        titi

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 5, 2001
          --- theresa b <trinithree@...> wrote:
          > AHA!!! That makes sense!! That's right, thank you,
          > I'll make sure that gets
          > done. thanks so much Susan.
          > titi

          Not a problem!