Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Medieval Costumes

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 4 , May 19, 2003
      Hi,

      Best bet is to go to www.sca.org and trace around from there. MANY, MANY links from there...

      Chris

      dax2015 <dax2015@...> wrote:
      Hi Guys,
      Can anyone give a website on medival clothes (400AD - 1200AD). I
      need to research & design a noble ladies costume and I find there
      are plenty of coustume sites out there but most are not very
      authentic. So any help on web sites for pictures and information
      would be very welcome.
      P.S - Excellent Yahoo group keep up the good work.

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.
      Ralph Waldo Emerson

    • Sylvia Rognstad
      Message 2 of 4 , May 19, 2003
        I ordered 2 of the Costumers Manifesto T shirts awhile back and wore them
        for the first time on a design job I am in the middle of for a theatre in
        southern California. I wanted to report what a huge success they have
        been, particularly the one that says "Who the hell designed this show? Oh
        shit, I think it was me". I was surprised that anyone even read it, as
        usually I never get comments on my T shirts but everyone was commenting on
        this one and quite positively, at least, I think I think it was positive.
        So thanks, Tara!

        I can't recall if there are shirts and stuff geared toward other members
        of the costume team, like cutters, stitchers, etc. Since I am probably a
        cutter/draper more than a designer (although working on changing that
        ratio), it would be fun to have shirts to wear with those jobs too.

        Sylvia Rognstad
      • Jeannie Taylor
        Message 3 of 4 , May 21, 2003
          hey this is not a problem i belong to a medieval recreation group (sca) the
          home site has many links to different types of costumes it is
          http://moas.atlantia.sca.org/topics.htm as well as looking through the
          different kingdoms http://www.sca.org/officers/arts/ hope this helps you
          out. chrystolita of the ERGH Fleet