Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Matelasse

  • DJCPoland@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 13, 2003
      I don't know the term, but once you find out what the fabric looks like, you
      may be able to fake it's appearance with a heat gun and an appropriate
      heat-sensitive fabric. Many fabrics that do not like a hot iron can gain a
      permanent texture by being draped over a texture field (say a layer of small
      pebbles) or tied as if for shibori and then heated until they take the form
      of what's underneath. After the fabric cools, the texture pattern remains.

      Donna Carty