  • Kacie Hultgren
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2003
      Hi there -

      I have a copy of a book in my collection called "The Traditional Ways of
      Putting on cloth for men and women" by Nana JV Owusu-Ansah. It appears to
      be an extension of a thesis written in 1990. I copied it from a book
      earlier this year thinking "Hey this is neat, maybe I'll use it someday..."
      It has a small amount of text, but is mostly step by step photographs of
      draping the garments. It seems the emphasis is West Africa, especially
      Ghana. I'm not sure if this is helpful or not.

      If this is helpful, I may be able make a copy and send it to you.

      Kacie

      Owusu-Ansah, Nana JV. The Traditional Ways of Putting on Cloth for Men and
      Women. Design Press, UST. Ghana: 1990.

      > Message: 1
      > Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 06:24:54 -0000
      > From: "m6nguasjamuuseum" <m.muuseum@...>
      > Subject: African national costumes
      >
      > Hi!
      >
      > I need information about national costumes of people living in
      > Senegal and Lesotho in Africa. Could somebody help me?
    • Sylvia Rognstad
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2003

        I as well as probably others on this list would be interested in having
        this document. Is there any way to send it to those who do via email that
        is easy for you?

        Sylrog

        > Hi there -
        >
        > I have a copy of a book in my collection called "The Traditional
        > Ways of Putting on cloth for men and women"  by Nana JV
        > Owusu-Ansah.  It appears to be an extension of a thesis written in
        > 1990.  I copied it from a book earlier this year thinking "Hey
        > this is neat, maybe I'll use it someday..." It has a small amount
        > of text, but is mostly step by step photographs of draping the
        > garments.  It seems the emphasis is West Africa, especially
        > Ghana.  I'm not sure if this is helpful or not.
        >
        > If this is helpful, I may be able make a copy and send it to you.
        >
        > Kacie
        >
        > Owusu-Ansah, Nana JV.  The Traditional Ways of Putting on Cloth for
        > Men and Women.  Design Press, UST.  Ghana: 1990.
        >
        > > Message: 1
        > >    Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 06:24:54 -0000
        > >    From: "m6nguasjamuuseum"
        > <m.muuseum@...> > Subject: African national costumes
        > >
        > > Hi!
        > >
        > > I need information about national costumes of people living in >
        > Senegal and Lesotho in Africa. Could somebody help me?
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • M√§nguasjamuuseum
        Message 3 of 3 , May 5, 2003
          Kacie, thank you for your kind offer. I think it's not easy to send a copy to me, because I live in Estonia, a small country in North-Europe. But as there are more people interested in it and if it is possible, you could really scan few pages. I'm interested more in description of costumes (the meaning and symbols etc).

          Thanks,

          Triin