Help - Need Anti-slip info

  • Faber, Debbie
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 24, 2003
      Does anyone have any good ideas or products they have used to apply to the
      bottoms of socks, slippers or shoes to prevent slipping? Any ideas would be
      greatly appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Debbie Faber
      D.L. Parsons Theatre
    • Nightwing Whitehead
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 25, 2003
        You should be able to get the no-slip stuff that is sewn on the bottoms
        of kiddy 'jamas in almost any fabric store (when I worked at JoAnn's we
        kept it in the craft fabric dept.)

        --- "Faber, Debbie" <dfaber@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone have any good ideas or products they have used to apply
        > to the
        > bottoms of socks, slippers or shoes to prevent slipping? Any ideas
        > would be
        > greatly appreciated.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Debbie Faber
        > D.L. Parsons Theatre

        http://search.yahoo.com
      • Donna McKenna
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 25, 2003
          --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "Faber, Debbie"
          <dfaber@n...> wrote:>
          > products they have used to apply to the
          > bottoms of socks, slippers or shoes to prevent slipping?

          Debbie, I have purchased Safe-Tred at JoAnn fabrics. It's the same
          rubber bumpy stuff you find on the feet of children's footy pajamas.
          I bought it in a package on the notions wall, but it may also be
          available by the yard. I would ask for it at your local fabric store.

          Please tell us what you are making, and good luck finding what you
          need.

          Donna
          The gal from Kalamazoo
        • Lara Greene
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 25, 2003
            Hi Debbie,
            For a recent production of Amour I applied foot-print shaped patches of the rubbery stuff they use in children's footed pajamas. It worked very well, Malcom diddn't slip. We got it from Greenberg and Hammer in NYC and I think it comes in black & white only.
            We fused it to wonder under, Cut the pattern, and using a cardboard cut-out of our actor's foot, pressed to the bottom of the socks using a presscloth (the rubber will melt if you press too long). Finish it off with a zig-zag stitch aroung the edges.

            Lara
            Does anyone have any good ideas or products they have used to apply to the
            bottoms of socks, slippers or shoes to prevent slipping? Any ideas would be
            greatly appreciated.

            Thanks,
            Debbie Faber
            D.L. Parsons Theatre

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • Maggie Baker

                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 25, 2003
                  There is a latex (I think) that makers of hooked rugs "paint" on the bottoms
                  of newly made rugs that would probably work well for this purpose.

                  Donna Carty
                • lanorte1@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 25, 2003
                    In a message dated 4/24/2003 12:04:09 PM Eastern Standard Time, dfaber@... writes:

                    > Does anyone have any good ideas or products they have used to apply to the bottoms of socks, slippers or shoes to prevent slipping? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

                    Debbie:

                    I've had pretty good luck with rubber non-skid pads which can just be purchased at Walgreens. They're grey, thin, with a corrugated surface and a self-adhesive back. They're also not very expensive, so if they don't work, you won't have made a big investment.

                    Donna
                  • Dalette Remington-Nash
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 25, 2003
                      ooked at anti slip rug backing you can buy it at Wal-mart in the hoem
                      decorator section and cut it to fit your shapes.
                      Dalette

                      >From: "Faber, Debbie" <dfaber@...>
                      >To: "'TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com'"
                      ><TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com>
                      >Subject: [TheCostumersManifesto] Help - Need Anti-slip info
                      >Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 11:04:09 -0600
                      >

                      >Does anyone have any good ideas or products they have used to apply to the
                      >bottoms of socks, slippers or shoes to prevent slipping? Any ideas would
                      >be
                      >greatly appreciated.
                      >
                      >Thanks,
                      >Debbie Faber
                      >D.L. Parsons Theatre

                    • Cate Wieck

                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 28, 2003
                          Wow! Thanks guys for all the good advice! That's why I love this list!

                          We are doing a production of HONK! (Musical tale of the ugly duckling)!
                          It's a terrific show, but I have 8 froglets that I have to put "froggy" feet
                          on and 4 ducklings who need "ducky" feet. We opted for the budget wise
                          solution of socks with fun foam attachments, but they needed to be non-skid.
                          So, again, thanks to one and all!!!

                          I will try to post pictures of HONK! when we are up and running!

                          Debbie Faber
                          D.L. Parsons Theatre
                        • Poppy Shell
                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 30, 2003
                            aloha Debbie, who is costuming HONK. One of the theater groups I am part of
                            was going to do this play last summer, but not enough kids signed up. I did
                            alot of drawings and plans for the play, and now it will be done this
                            summer, but I'm spending the summer in L.A. for my two high school age kids
                            to try some acting. It would be a really fun play to costume, and I think
                            could be done for not too much money. If you need any input on ideas, email
                            me direct at poppyshell@... Have fun. Poppy