Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] patterns

  • Susan Johnston
    Message 1 of 46 , Jun 4 7:07 PM
      Catherine:

      Both Butterick and McCall's have websites with that
      show current patterns. You should also be able to
      special order the patterns (if you really want them)
      through your local fabric store. Simplicity is the
      best for historical commercial patterns. There are
      also several other pattern sites that I use quite
      often. I'm not a pattern drafter. I use existing
      patterns and revise them to what I need.

      Susan

      I have used the simplicity patterns here in Australia
      as it was easier than drafting my own and have found
      the good to use and fairly accurate without taking it
      to extremes and they can be modified to meet the SCA
      and other standards.  I havent used many of the
      other brands because they are a little harder to get
      here because halloween isnt as big here so the
      manufactors think that us Aussie would be interested.

      Catherine

      =====
      Susan Johnston
      Sew Knightly

      a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • Rici Tegarden
      Message 46 of 46 , Nov 8, 2002
        I had those sorts of problems with the old version until in a lot of frustration I called the 800 number.  There were problems with the printer settings and after I adjusted those everything worked better.  The new version is really much better definitely worth the cost of the upgrade. I now have access to a plotter and the patterns should print better.