Patternmaking software?

  • Lara Greene
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 9, 2003
      Hi Everyone!
      I'm looking into patternmaking software for making costume and corset patterns. Does anyone have any recommendations or advice?

      Thank you,
      Lara Greene
      www.LaraCorsets.com

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 9, 2003
        Yes, I do. As a matter of fact I am going to order from one of the following companies this summer after I take my Pattern class at Parsons.

        From "The Business of Sewing" by Barbara Wright Sykes

        Learn Key
        93. S Mountain Way Dr. Box F
        Orem, UT 84058
        800-937-3279

        Livingsoft, Inc
        524 West Dolphin Street
        Ridgecrest, Ca 93555

        Collins Publications
        Software Division
        3233 Grand Avenue Suite N-294
        Chino Hills Ca 91709

        All the best,
        Elizabeth

        > Does anyone know of anywhere (online or mail order) you
        > can purchase gold "doorman" style epaulets with boulion
        > fringe? I'm creating period uniforms for The Mouse That
        > Roared. I've tried eBay, but the closest things they have
        > are Civil War memorabilia and the price quickly becomes
        > prohibitive.
        >
        > Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

        Don't know if they've got a web-page or not, but there's a
        company called The Band Shoppe that sells all kinds of odds
        and ends stuff for marching bands, colorguards, drill
        teams, etc. Since part of their overall sales line is band
        uniforms, and many of these have epaulets (especially for
        drum majors), I'm fairly sure they would have epaulets
        available (probably in a variety of colors and styles).
        Best of all, their prices are generally very reasonable.

        > Subject: Re: Black T-shirts
        >
        > I've been looking for something exactly like this. I'd
        > like the contact info, also.

        The place I worked for was called Taki Casuals...I have no
        idea if they're even still in business (I doubt it, the
        owner has recently gone into politics)...I don't even live
        in the same city anymore and haven't tried to keep in
        touch. You might check qwestdex.com and see if they have a
        listing for Taki Casuals in Logan, UT.

        =====
        Curtis Kidd

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Donna McKenna
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 10, 2003
          --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "Lara Greene"
          <laragreene@n...> wrote:
          > Hi Everyone!
          > I'm looking into patternmaking software for making costume and
          corset patterns. Does anyone have any recommendations or advice?

          Lara, my Threads Magazine that arrived in the mail over the weekend
          had a feature article that evaluated different pattern drafting
          software. What a co-inkydinky. They tested the software on several
          different body types to see how accurate and easy to use it was. The
          web addy is http://www.taunton.com/threads/index.asp, or you might
          want to pick up this issue of Threads at your local newsstand. IMHO
          it is one of the best sewing journals available.

          Top o' the mahrnin' to yeh!
          Donna McKenna