  • Curtis Kidd
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 8 9:50 PM
      > From: "Joshua Norton" <Joshua_Norton@...>
      > Subject: Online resource needed..
      >
      > Does anyone know of anywhere (online or mail order) you
      > can purchase gold "doorman" style epaulets with boulion
      > fringe? I'm creating period uniforms for The Mouse That
      > Roared. I've tried eBay, but the closest things they have
      > are Civil War memorabilia and the price quickly becomes
      > prohibitive.
      >
      > Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

      Don't know if they've got a web-page or not, but there's a
      company called The Band Shoppe that sells all kinds of odds
      and ends stuff for marching bands, colorguards, drill
      teams, etc. Since part of their overall sales line is band
      uniforms, and many of these have epaulets (especially for
      drum majors), I'm fairly sure they would have epaulets
      available (probably in a variety of colors and styles).
      Best of all, their prices are generally very reasonable.

      > Subject: Re: Black T-shirts
      >
      > I've been looking for something exactly like this. I'd
      > like the contact info, also.

      The place I worked for was called Taki Casuals...I have no
      idea if they're even still in business (I doubt it, the
      owner has recently gone into politics)...I don't even live
      in the same city anymore and haven't tried to keep in
      touch. You might check qwestdex.com and see if they have a
      listing for Taki Casuals in Logan, UT.

      =====
      Curtis Kidd

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/
    • Ana's Accoutremonts
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 9 10:42 AM
        Have you tried Amazon Drygoods and Pickling Works? They have great
        sources for these kinds of things.
        online at http://www.amazondrygoods.com
        Phone: 800-798-7979

        --
        Ana Foscari
        Ana's Accoutremonts

        "Anger never ceases with anger,
        Anger is healed by love alone.
        Open your heart to love.
        Pray for Peace."

      • sylvia
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 14 7:51 PM
          Can anyone remember when screen printed t shirts with rock bands on them
          first appeared?

          Sylvia Rognstad, another mother for peace
          --
          Divinity Designs and Emeralds
          http://www.d-e-designs.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 14 9:30 PM
            Sylvia,

            I don't know if this is correct,but maybe screen
            printed rock tee shirts came on the seen around 1970?
            I remember when I was little in 1974 seeing grown-ups
            and teenagers in my neighborhood wearing tee shirts
            with Peter Frampton and the Who.

            Sharmah
            --- sylvia <sylvia@...> wrote:
            > Can anyone remember when screen printed t shirts
            > with rock bands on them
            > first appeared?
            >
            > Sylvia Rognstad, another mother for peace
            > --
            > Divinity Designs and Emeralds
            > http://www.d-e-designs.com

            http://webhosting.yahoo.com
          • Ana's Accoutremonts
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 15 8:15 AM
              I am 49; I remember when my older brother went to an Iron Butterfly
              concert in Long Beach California in 1967, that there were "roadie" T
              shirts for the volunteers that helped work the concert. He was thrilled
              that he got one. But remember, in those days, T-shirts were underwear,
              so I'm not sure how far back they really go.

              Ana

              sylvia wrote:

              > Can anyone remember when screen printed t shirts with rock bands on them
              > first appeared?
              >
              > Sylvia Rognstad, another mother for peace
              > --
              > Divinity Designs and Emeralds
              > http://www.d-e-designs.com
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
              > <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=246920.2960106.4328965.2848452/D=egroupweb/S=1707300337:HM/A=1481646/R=0/*http://www.gotomypc.com/u/tr/yh/cpm/grp/300_flake/g22lp?Target=mm/g22lp.tmpl>

              > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

              --
              Ana Foscari
              Ana's Accoutremonts
              "We Fit EVERY Body!"
              http://www.sewfits.com
              (toll free) 1-888-SEW-FITS

              "Anger never ceases with anger,
              Anger is healed by love alone.
              Open your heart to love.
              Pray for Peace."

            • Davis, Lynn
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 15 1:29 PM
                Curtis,

                Try cybertrims.com. They've got a ton of different epaulets.

                Lynn

                Curtis Kidd wrote:

                > > From: "Joshua Norton" <Joshua_Norton@...>
                > > Subject: Online resource needed..
                > >
                > > Does anyone know of anywhere (online or mail order) you
                > > can purchase gold "doorman" style epaulets with boulion fringe? I'm
                > > creating period uniforms for The Mouse That Roared. I've tried eBay,

                > > but the closest things they have are Civil War memorabilia and the
                > > price quickly becomes prohibitive.
                > >
                > > Any leads would be greatly appreciated.
                >
                > Don't know if they've got a web-page or not, but there's a company
                > called The Band Shoppe that sells all kinds of odds and ends stuff for

                > marching bands, colorguards, drill teams, etc. Since part of their
                > overall sales line is band uniforms, and many of these have epaulets
                > (especially for drum majors), I'm fairly sure they would have epaulets
                > available (probably in a variety of colors and styles).
                > Best of all, their prices are generally very reasonable.
                >
                > > Subject: Re: Black T-shirts
                > >
                > > I've been looking for something exactly like this. I'd
                > > like the contact info, also.
                >
                > The place I worked for was called Taki Casuals...I have no idea if
                > they're even still in business (I doubt it, the owner has recently
                > gone into politics)...I don't even live in the same city anymore and
                > haven't tried to keep in touch. You might check qwestdex.com and see
                > if they have a listing for Taki Casuals in Logan, UT.
                >

                > =====
                > Curtis Kidd
                > "Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel could be you!"

                > http://taxes.yahoo.com/
                >
                > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                > <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=245454.2994396.4323964.2848452/D=egroupweb/S=17
                > 07300337:HM/A=1457554/R=0/*http://ipunda.com/clk/beibunmaisuiyuiwabei>