Boulion fringe, epaulets

  • Molly Dewane
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2003
      Not sure if this will help but I made epaulets from a
      Simplicity "Broadway" pattern. If you go to the
      Simplicity Web site, go to the costumes section and
      you'll find the the pattern. I thought it was a good
      basic way to make epaulets. I made the epaulets for
      the General in "The Good Doctor."

      I bought 12 yards of bouilion fringe on EBay quite
      cheaply. I agree that fringe can be very expensive,
      even on EBay, but I went to the crafts section for
      sewing notions and trim to find the fringe.

      Good luck!

      Molly
      www.mollydewane.netfirms.com

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/
    • Joshua Norton
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2003
        Hi Molly,

        This sounds like exactly what I' m looking for. Unfortunately, I couldn't locate it on the Simplicity site - which seems to have taken a user unfriendly turn. None of the categories under Costumes produced this pattern for me.

        Alex F. Buiel II
        abuiel@...
        Not sure if this will help but I made epaulets from a
        Simplicity "Broadway" pattern. If you go to the
        Simplicity Web site, go to the costumes section and
        you'll find the the pattern. I thought it was a good
        basic way to make epaulets. I made the epaulets for
        the General in "The Good Doctor."

        I bought 12 yards of bouilion fringe on EBay quite
        cheaply. I agree that fringe can be very expensive,
        even on EBay, but I went to the crafts section for
        sewing notions and trim to find the fringe.

        Good luck!

        Molly
        www.mollydewane.netfirms.com

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Poppy Shell
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2003
          Aloha: Concerning making epaulets, I made a few for the wedding scene in
          THE SOUND OF MUSIC, and I just winged it. I made the base out of very heavy
          cardboard, used a glue gun and nice fabric and gold fringe from Walmart and
          some cheap/gaudy earrings for decorations and viola! I had nice epaulets for
          virtually nothing. Didn't take long either. Hardest part was attaching to
          the jacket. Hope this helps. Poppy on Kauai