Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Dangerous Liaisons

  • Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2003
      Melissa:

      Parsons vs. FIT

      It really depends what your going for. Grand or Undergrad. Fashion, Graphic Design Decorative Arts?

      FIT is part of the State University of New York (SUNY) so, its a state school and some people shun state education, (I attend a state school in NJ).

      Parsons is part of the New School of Social Research. I'm pretty sure its private.

      What I would do is get their catalogues and contact the advisors, and speak to students from both schools. I will tell you, both Parsons and FIT are great and you would be fortunate to get into either one. Plus the experience of living in New York (my home town) is a great learning experience.

      Sincerely,
      Elizabeth
      http://www.geocities.com/themaidandthemoon/
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 1, 2003
        You can get the pattern for the Kinsale cape through Folkwear.
        It's not difficult to make. I have made several. I do 18th century
        re-enacting. It's a great cape.
        Duana
        <A HREF="http://www.folkwear.com/">Folkwear Sewing Patterns with Timeless Style</A>

      • Elizabeth
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 1, 2003
          Thank you I found the folkwear pattern last night. Do you have any photos of your Cloak? Would love to see it.

          Elizabeth
          http://www.geocities.com/themaidandthemoon/
          You can get the pattern for the Kinsale cape through Folkwear.
          It's not difficult to make. I have made several. I do 18th century
          re-enacting. It's a great cape.
          Duana
          <A HREF="http://www.folkwear.com/">Folkwear Sewing Patterns with Timeless Style</A>

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor