Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Dangerous Liaisons

  • Melissa McCoy
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 28, 2003
      Hi all,

      My name is Melissa, i am currently attending L.A.
      Trade Tech for Fashion design. I also have been doing
      reenacting for the renaissance faire for ten years. I
      have been following the mail and want to say thanks
      for all of the great advice. Eventhough i have not had
      a problem yet to ask the good news is i have learnd
      some great tips lisening to other peoples problems. I
      am looking to transfer to New York and finishing my
      degree. Relating to the latest e-mails i was wondering
      if any one knows which school is better Parsons or
      F.I.T.? Thanks for you time. Hope you all have a great
      weekend. thanks again.

      Melissa ;-)

      --- Elizabeth <thebarefoot.contessa@...>
      wrote:
      > Judy:
      > I am interested in costuming and this summer will
      > take a certificate course in sewing, patterning, and
      > beading at Parsons in NYC. I love the cloak Swoozie
      > Kurtz wears and want to make a few variations of the
      > garment, I may also shoot for the dinner dress from
      > Titanic. I'm just prepping for spring and summer
      > projects :)
      >
      > Thanks for the links, I really appreciate it.
      >
      > Elizabeth
      > http://www.geocities.com/themaidandthemoon/

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/
    • Elizabeth
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 1, 2003
        Melissa:

        Parsons vs. FIT

        It really depends what your going for. Grand or Undergrad. Fashion, Graphic Design Decorative Arts?

        FIT is part of the State University of New York (SUNY) so, its a state school and some people shun state education, (I attend a state school in NJ).

        Parsons is part of the New School of Social Research. I'm pretty sure its private.

        What I would do is get their catalogues and contact the advisors, and speak to students from both schools. I will tell you, both Parsons and FIT are great and you would be fortunate to get into either one. Plus the experience of living in New York (my home town) is a great learning experience.

        Sincerely,

        wrote:
        > Judy:
        > I am interested in costuming and this summer will
        > take a certificate course in sewing, patterning, and
        > beading at Parsons in NYC. I love the cloak Swoozie
        > Kurtz wears and want to make a few variations of the
        > garment, I may also shoot for the dinner dress from
        > Titanic. I'm just prepping for spring and summer
        > projects :)
        >
        > Thanks for the links, I really appreciate it.
        >
        > Elizabeth
        > http://www.geocities.com/themaidandthemoon/

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • DGummo2@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 1, 2003
          You can get the pattern for the Kinsale cape through Folkwear.
          It's not difficult to make. I have made several. I do 18th century
          re-enacting. It's a great cape.
          Duana
          <A HREF="http://www.folkwear.com/">Folkwear Sewing Patterns with Timeless Style</A>

        • Elizabeth
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 1, 2003
            Thank you I found the folkwear pattern last night. Do you have any photos of your Cloak? Would love to see it.