Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] elite civil war uniforms?

  • Terri Lee
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2003
      The "Tree Frogs" also known as the sharp shooters had
      green uniforms with black rubber buttons on them.
      However this was not considered a specialty unit, as
      it was regular Army.

      Some of the hometown regiments that were recruited by
      the town had really neat variations of the zouave
      uniforms.

      Uniforms fell into two catagories, one was regular
      army, the other was the zouave type uniform.

      There was a great many "elite" units out there, one of
      which is the infamous Iron brigade, who wore regular
      issue army uniforms. However if your looking for a
      uniform that is decked to the nines, look towards the
      NY & PA hometown regiments, or towards the areas that
      had concentrated amounts of people and money that
      could afford to recruit and send their own regimant.

      Terri

      --- "hobbitt_c <candi@...>"

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com