ASG Costumers Group!!!!!

  • Leanne Seed
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2003

      We would like to invite you to join a new organization that caters to those who enjoy creating and sewing costumes. We are a new group in the American Sewing Guild created by costumers for costumers and what makes us unique is that we are a virtual group. Most all of our activities will be on line so you can enjoy this group from the comfort of your home or office. At this point you are probably asking your self what is the benefit of joining the American Sewing Guild and this group, and all we can say is look at the Benefits you will receive:

      Benefits of Joining ASG

              Annual National Conference featuring

      Workshops and seminars taught by nationally recognized professionals, special events and Chapter Leadership meetings. This year it is Portland OR and next year in Dallas TX, we hope to do a costume fashion show in Dallas.

      Membership in a specialized virtual group as well as a nationally recognized organization.

      National Publication, Notions

      Chapter Newsletter that gives information on events, classes, new products, sewing tips and links to great sites. This will be emailed to you on a quarterly basis.

      Chapter events such as on line chats with world-renowned costume designers ,Historians, and other people who influence all aspects of the costume industry.  Member costume slide Fashion shows and online workshops on a wide range of costuming and fashion topics that will inform and inspire.

      Discounts to Guild members from national fabric store chains,On line suppliers for costumers, sewing publications, and many local, independent retailers. This includes JoAnns Fabrics and Handcocks to name a few.

      “Members-Only” special offers with merchants ect.

      • Special member rates to all ASG activities.

      • Contacts with new sewing friends as well as sewing professionals.

      Local Neighborhood Groups provide opportunities for sharing ideas and “hands-on” sewing experiences in a smaller more social atmosphere for members only.

      New product information from the sewing and costuming industry.

      Renewed enthusiasm for creative sewing.

      Attending meetings in the comfort of your own home, in the groups chat room that will be located on our web site. As well as many other wonderful features to this site.

      In this our 25th year at the American Sewing Guild we are looking for ways to lend our voice and creativity to the industry and through the art of costuming this will be another step in that direction. So come lend your voice to the ASG and fill out the enclosed Membership form and send it back to us or call the American Sewing Guilds main office to start enjoying all these wonderful benefits and so much more.

      We have attached a membership form but if you have any questions please feelfree to contact us!