anime costsume

  • Contessa
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 1, 2003
      Ah~! This is it~! But it is rather difficult to find the traditional
      pattern, which I have heard, requires about 10 feet of material. :: cough ::

      my friend wants to make some costumes from anime. Does anyone have an idea
      where i
      could find a pattern? or would I just have to make one myself?

      The costume I was thinking about is Eriol Hiirawazaki in his robes ( black
      and blue or red. ) The costume in not too complex...but...

      If you need a picture, just let me know, I can email
      you one.

      Thanks in advance
      Contessa
    • vonceia <vonceia@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 1, 2003
        Curious.. which anime is this from?

        Von
      • Contessa
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 1, 2003
          The hakama are needed for Hokuto Sumeragi of X and Tokyo Babylon... The
          other is Card Captor Sakura.

          Curious.. which anime is this from?

          Von

        • Laura O
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 1, 2003

            Dear Contessa,

            This past summer I had a long and intimate relationship with Vash the Stampeed from the Trigun Anime Series.  It was going to be my boyfriends halloween costume and I'm very glad that I started that early.  So I have a little experience with the costumes.  If you ever get a chance to look at his coat, you'd realize what I did, that I was never going to find a pattern like that.  What worked out really well for me was finding a pattern with similar features and modifying it to fit your requirements.  For the Vash coat, I used a windbreaker pattern that had the two important features of the jacket, a stand up collar and a button plaquet.  I'm not familar with the anime you mentioned, I'd love to see a picture and maybe I could offer you a little more advice.  Hope everthing works out for you!

            Laura O.

             Contessa <contessa@...> wrote:

            Ah~! This is it~! But it is rather difficult to find the traditional
            pattern, which I have heard, requires about 10 feet of material. :: cough ::

            my friend wants to make some costumes from anime.  Does anyone have an idea
            where i
            could  find a pattern? or would I just have to make one myself?

            The costume I was thinking about is Eriol Hiirawazaki in his robes ( black
            and blue or red. ) The costume in not too complex...but...

            If you  need a picture, just let me know, I can email
            you one.

            Thanks in advance
            Contessa

            "The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."

          • Lisa
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 1, 2003
              Message
              Hi Contessa! :)  My sister does anime cos-play... and makes her own costumes, occasionally begging me for minor assistance... I believe what she does is she either makes her own patterns, or she mixes and matches pieces from regular patterns (simplicity, mcalls, etc...)... which is what I'll be doing for the costume I'm working on at the moment... :)
              I hope this helps! :)

              Lisa H.

              LVN needs chinese food po & bubble bath at least q2d or prn c TLC...