Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Standard Size Measurements

  • Sheila Martinez
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2003

      Helen Joseph-Armstrong is the guide that I use.  However, I do find her standard measurment chart to run a bit small...so I just wing it from there.

       "Stephanie <shiny_she_rubber@...>" <shiny_she_rubber@...> wrote:

      Hi Group, Where is the best source for a 'Comprehensive' Table of
      Standard Size Female Measurements on the Web ? [IE; If one is
      wishing to make up Standard Size garments 10, 12, 14, 16, etc etc ?

      The 2 Books I have ..
      Metric Pattern Cutting by Winifred Aldrich [UK]
      and
      Patternmaking for Fashion Design by Helen Joseph-Armstrong [US]

      Both Books supply Standard Measurements but the vertical
      measurements ie, Nape to Waist, Waist to Hip, Waist to Knee Differ
      By as Much as 5 centimetres in some sizes.

      My intuition tells me that the UK book measurements are more
      accurate but I do warm to the style of Helen Joseph-Armstrong.

      Anyone here make up Standard Size Garb ? Any ideas ?

      Stephanie.