Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] New to New York and really needs help

  • Sheila Martinez
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 24, 2003

      Liv, I envy you.  You are following my dream!  Go to Donna Karen, They generally hire student aprentices.  Check the internet...WWD.com...I always have to get it through Google, but Women's Wear Daily has a mind bogling classified.  If I were in NYC, my first stop would be Vera Wang...just because I admire her panache and her beautiful bridal gowns.  Best of luck to you!!!  Sheila in Texas...

       "Liv <digitaltantra6@...>" <digitaltantra6@...> wrote:

      Hello everyone,

      I am new to NYC area and I am looking for someone to apprentice under
      or assist part time to learn design techniques and network. I have my
      degree in Textile Sciences from the Ohio State University but would
      really like to design. Would anyone be so kind as to lead me in the
      right direction. I have considered going back to school, but really
      can't afford too at the current time. I am very enthusiastic about
      the costume and design industry. I would really like to learn more
      and help on any projects please email me or post here.

      Thank you,

      Lenton Ivey