Re: Fabric guessing

  • Donna Barnes-Haesemeyer <barneshaesemeye
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 23, 2003
      What fabric? LOL! Hard to tell what the fabric is; I thought it might
      be rayon, but it is sheer. It would be easier to tell with a larger
      photo. I love your pattern! I assume you are using the view with the
      thin straps and bias cut skirt. Silk charmeuse would be gorgeous, but
      if you're trying to economize, a sueded rayon would drape well, too.

      Have fun!

      Donna
      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Artemis
      <lovelyshrike@b...> wrote:
      > Anyone like to take a guess as to what the fabric is in Ashley
      Judd's
      > dress here (from the movie Frida)?
      >
      > http://www.geocities.com/ashleyjuddonline/photos/movies/frida.html
      >
      > I'm making (in a week, ak!) a variant on this beauty for a murder
      > mystery party with this pattern:
      >
      > http://www.5rivers.org/media/fw264.gif (folkwear's monte carlo
      dress)

      > --
      > When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
      >
      > ~Hunter Thompson
    • Sheila Martinez

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 24, 2003
          Message: 2
          Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 21:45:37 -0000
          From: "Donna Barnes-Haesemeyer <barneshaesemeyer@...>"
          <barneshaesemeyer@...>
          Subject: Re: Fabric guessing

          What fabric? LOL! Hard to tell what the fabric is; I thought it might
          be rayon, but it is sheer. It would be easier to tell with a larger
          photo. I love your pattern! I assume you are using the view with the
          thin straps and bias cut skirt. Silk charmeuse would be gorgeous, but
          if you're trying to economize, a sueded rayon would drape well, too.

          The big problem is finding those pictures. These are the best so far,
          but I haven't looked at a source book yet, just on the net. The focus
          of the story and thus the pictures tend to be Frida aka Selma Hyak (sp?).

          You guessed right on the pattern. It came today (overnight shipping,
          ouch!). I'm having a hard time finding any kind of fabric I like. I
          live in Tallahassee, FL, USA and the selection is atrocious. Silk would
          be great...., if I could find it. :P Even velvet is in short supply
          here. And of course I want a color no one seems to have... deep blue.

          Wish me luck! It has to be done by next Sat., so if it comes out well
          I'll post pics.

          Tara