  • Kate
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2003
      I did a buy from "The Rhinestone Guy," www.rhinestoneguy.com . The
      selection was pretty darn good, and included sew-on jewels. The prices
      were pretty reasonable. I will say, though, that it was a disappointing
      experience... I had a lot of problems trying to get them shipped in
      anything resembling a reasonable time. I waited about four weeks after
      placing my order, and called to ask for a ship date-- they had lost the
      order.

      I re-placed it. Waited again (less time this time, I guar-on-tee).
      Called again. Said they'd shipped it right after I placed it. It
      never arrived. Called back; they eventually sent it "again." That one
      did arrive-- but contained the wrong order. I eventually got an
      envelope that had part of my original order-- by the time I called them
      to try to straighten it out, we'd both given up-- I said, "Forget the
      original, I'll take what I've got, do you want me to send back the wrong
      stuff?" They said not to bother. It could be that mine was a very-very
      small order, and they're used to accommodating the big guys... I only
      ordered three gross, total, plus backs. By the time anything had
      arrived, it was months past the date for which I needed them-- but I
      wasn't able to get a refund and cancel the order. :-(

      Despite my bad shipping experience, though, their selection and prices
      are good-- if you can get them to guarantee a ship date-- and can afford
      "guaranteed" (FedEx or UPS) shipping, which I couldn't at the time, it
      might be a worthwhile venture. I'm still looking for a rhinestone
      supplier-- has anyone had any luck with any internet or mail-order
      vendors? I had one web site tell me I had to visit their showroom in
      Manhattan to place an order. While I'd love to, the trip from DC to NYC
      just wasn't feasible at the time!

      ~ Kate