Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: Inexpensive tights

  • Michelle Davidson
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 1, 2003
      Excellent idea--I was going to suggest it myself, as I
      have done this and it works just fine. It is also
      good for heavy tights--not pantyhose weight; they just
      run. But when we did "The Compleat Works of
      Shakespeare, abridged", we made parti-colored hose by
      cutting apart different colored tights and sewing them
      back together in different color combos.

      > you could make your own
      > parti-colored leggings -- split 2 pairs and, with a
      > serger, put them back
      > together as parti-colored legginngs!!

      =====
      We are all in the gutter,
      But some of us are looking at the stars.
      --Oscar Wilde

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Faber, Debbie
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 2, 2003
        I've got one more suggestion for you--we use Alan Sloane & Co., (800)
        252-6266 - they do carry parti-color tights, men's sizes, etc. They have
        always been reasonable and have very quick turnaround. I don't believe they
        have a website, but call them and I'm sure they can help you out.

        Debbie Faber
        D.L. Parsons Theatre
        Northglenn, Colorado