Summer costume jobs

  • Tara Maginnis
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20, 2001
      Tara,
      We do not yet have a web page, but will send it along when we do.
      This email is to inquire as to people in your program who might be
      looking for summer theatre employment.
      The Mac-Haydn Theatre is a well established non-equity theatre in
      upstate New York. We are preparing for our 33rd season and are
      looking
      at this point for a cutter/draper, costume shop technician,
      wig/hair/makeup stylist and wardrobe master/mistress. They would be
      working with talented designers who have excellent credits and
      contacts. We do seven main stage and four children's theatre
      musicals,
      with a two-week production schedule. We are in the round, so well
      done,
      finely finished costumes are extremely important.
      Our stock is extensive, so there would be alterations as well as
      building 'from scratch'. It is a very busy schedule, but the
      learning
      and growth potential is enormous.
      The season would run from May 14 through September 9, there would be
      some flexibility at the end if school starts before that. Salaries
      competitive with other summer theatres, and housing is provided.
      Interested students can email me at the above address (how did we ever
      accomplish anything before email?), call 518-392-4587, or fax a resume
      to 518-392-4547.
      We are in the process of starting a costume rental shop, and would
      love
      to talk further about your web links. The address for that is
      MACHAYDN@....
      Thank in advance you for passing this information to your students.
      Barbara Peduzzi
      Assistant Producer
      The Mac-Haydn Theatre, Inc.
      Chatham, NY