Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Medieval underwear?

  • sheila widmaier
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 12, 2001
      > Subject: Re: Medieval underwear?
      > moderately> > > endowed in the bust and needs
      something there. > She> > wants a> > > corset of some
      type, and though I can make a> basic one,> > she
      > > > wants as authentic a one as possible. Anyone
      > else have> > any> > > suggestions? (going commando
      under her bridal> > gown...she's> > > gonna love that
      one...)> > > -Jessie

      > > Any type of corset is going to be inauthentic,
      > since> > corsets werent worn> > until the
      Renaissance. How about she just wears a> > seamless
      bra, ie,> > something that shows as little as
      possible?

      > They didn't wear ANYTHING underneath? At all?

      Not that we know of. Although the men did wear
      Chausses And Braies. I believe the current
      scholarly thought is that women would wear a very
      fitted under-dress, and some kind of leg-wraps.

      http://www.provide.net/~randyaf/Chausses.Braiesdocs.html

      http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/