spam! Re: new site here

  • neoengel127 <neoengel127@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 9, 2002
      Don't bother, that person was spamming other lists with it.

      I'm doing an IP check to report them after they hit my list too.
      It's people (term used lightly) that ruin the fun for us and force us
      owners and moderators to make our lists and services more restricted
      :(

      ttyl :)
      Sid
      www.neoengel.com

      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, peggy salvail
      <psalvail@y...> wrote:
      > for some reason your site page couldn't be found. At
      > least I couldn't Psalvail
      >
      > --- "ofwfuldwqesk <ofwfuldwqesk@y...>"
      > <ofwfuldwqesk@y...> wrote:
      > > http://www.geocities.com/xqvhxhxfgelj/index.html

      > http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Maurine Starkey
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 9, 2002

        This has been a problem with a lot of other lists. They target unmoderated groups because there isn't a moderator to filter them.

        Maurine Starkey

        <psalvail@y...> wrote:
        > for some reason your site page couldn't be found.  At
        > least I couldn't  Psalvail
        >
        > --- "ofwfuldwqesk <ofwfuldwqesk@y...>"
        > <ofwfuldwqesk@y...> wrote:
        > > http://www.geocities.com/xqvhxhxfgelj/index.html

        SiliCon 2003...here be Wizards & Warriors
        Check out the website December 1st
        www.siliconventions.org

        Artist Space: www.colmahouse.com

      • Theresa Roden
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 9, 2002
          I had the same problem. Got a message that says site not found.

          >From: peggy salvail <psalvail@...>

          >for some reason your site page couldn't be found. At
          >least I couldn't Psalvail
          >
          >--- "ofwfuldwqesk <ofwfuldwqesk@...>"
          ><ofwfuldwqesk@...> wrote:
          > > http://www.geocities.com/xqvhxhxfgelj/index.html

        • Sarah P
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 9, 2002

            IT'S SPAM!!  Simple solution.  Block those addresses.  Very few people will have such a screwed-up e-mail address--it's just too hard to remember.  These addresses are VERY easy to recognize, since they're a gobble-de-gook name followed by the same gobble-de-gook arrangement of letters@....  Disregard the blue highlight--the computer does it automatically, real site or not.  The name I typed is an EXAMPLE only.  I've been going through and blocking every SPAM that I've gotten that's got an address like that.  But since family members of mine have Yahoo e-mail, I can't block the whole Yahoo,com

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 9, 2002

              IT'S SPAM!!  Simple solution.  Block those addresses.  Very few people will have such a screwed-up e-mail address--it's just too hard to remember.  These addresses are VERY easy to recognize, since they're a gobble-de-gook name followed by the same gobble-de-gook arrangement of letters@....  Disregard the blue highlight--the computer does it automatically, real site or not.  The name I typed is an EXAMPLE only.  I've been going through and blocking every SPAM that I've gotten that's got an address like that.  But since family members of mine have Yahoo e-mail, I can't block the whole Yahoo,com to get rid of this line of SPAM mail.  I remember there being a lot of such SPAM mail last year this time, too, and the year before.  I just delete it and ignore it.

              Sorry this posts twice, the cat decided to jump on the keyboard and hit the send button.