Re: finding stuff

  • Donna Barnes-Haesemeyer
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 7, 2002
      I costumed The Hobbit afew years ago. It was a blast! The version of
      the play we performed had "goblins," whom we costumed with all kinds
      of "found" objects--shields made from hub caps, stove pipe gauntlets,
      a huge tortoise shell that we used as a chest plate. Our community
      theatre gets a lot of donations of fur coats. Some of the really sad
      ones we cut up to make furry leggings.

      Your idea for the hobbit feet is interesting. Hope it works well for
      you. We just used spirit gum to glue crepe hair on the kids' feet.
      Good luck with your production! It's a really fun play to produce!

      Donna