Hi! New to group! :)

  • Sere
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2002
      Hi! :) I just joined the group, I'm very excited about it! :) My
      name is Lisa, I'm 23 and a nursing student in southern california. I
      don't have a whole lot of experience with costuming, but since I
      started sewing about six months ago, I've tackled a
      renaissance/midieval (sp??) costume, and a victorian era costume,
      which turned out really nice. Though, they're probably not period,
      because they are both from McCall's patterns. However, when I get
      the money to purchase the corset busk, & steel boning, I'm going to
      start on a proper corset! :) I'm really looking forward to being a
      part of this group!! :):)

      Lisa
    • artemisiakore
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2002
        <<--- In TheCostumersManifesto@y..., "Sere" <lisabet@e...> wrote:
        Though, they're probably not period, because they are both from
        McCall's patterns>>

        Is there any way for me to see what they look like? I might be able
        to clear that up for you.

        AK
      • Sere
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2002
          I have a picture of the renaissance-ish costume... I'll post it in
          the photos section... but I just finished the victorian dress last
          weekend, so I don't have a photo of it yet... :)

          Lisa

          --- In TheCostumersManifesto@y..., "artemisiakore"
          <artemisiakore@y...> wrote:
          > <<--- In TheCostumersManifesto@y..., "Sere" <lisabet@e...> wrote:
          > Though, they're probably not period, because they are both from
          > McCall's patterns>>
          >
          > Is there any way for me to see what they look like? I might be able
          > to clear that up for you.
          >
          > AK
        • Siebel San
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2002
            Nice to have you Lisa! I love renaissance and medieval -
            my specialty!
            Jessica

            > Hi! :) I just joined the group, I'm very excited about
            > it! :) My
            > name is Lisa, I'm 23 and a nursing student in southern
            > california. I
            > don't have a whole lot of experience with costuming, but
            > since I
            > started sewing about six months ago, I've tackled a
            > renaissance/midieval (sp??) costume, and a victorian era
            > costume,
            > which turned out really nice. Though, they're probably
            > not period,
            > because they are both from McCall's patterns. However,
            > when I get
            > the money to purchase the corset busk, & steel boning,
            > I'm going to
            > start on a proper corset! :) I'm really looking forward
            > to being a
            > part of this group!! :):)
            >
            > Lisa

            =====
            HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
            http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
          • Lisa
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 3, 2002
              Thanks!! :):) It's good to have found a group like this!! :):)

              Lisa

              This one time, at VN school...

              Nice to have you Lisa! I love renaissance and medieval -
              my specialty!
              Jessica

              > Hi! :) I just joined the group, I'm very excited about
              > it! :) My
              > name is Lisa, I'm 23 and a nursing student in southern
              > california. I
              > don't have a whole lot of experience with costuming, but
              > since I
              > started sewing about six months ago, I've tackled a
              > renaissance/midieval (sp??) costume, and a victorian era
              > costume,
              > which turned out really nice. Though, they're probably
              > not period,
              > because they are both from McCall's patterns. However,
              > when I get
              > the money to purchase the corset busk, & steel boning,
              > I'm going to
              > start on a proper corset! :) I'm really looking forward
              > to being a
              > part of this group!! :):)
              >
              > Lisa

              =====